|Looks are deceiving...It is PACKED with flavor!|
Also, I normally love peas in my tuna noodle. But I don't add them in to the whole thing because not everyone in my family likes them. I just heat some up and leave them on the side for those who want to add them in. But tonight I didn't have any peas in my cupboard. It was just fine without them, though.
My family always loved my "old" recipe for tuna noodle, but I always had leftovers that I threw out. Tonight, every bit of it was eaten up.
And the best change of all in this new recipe? THERE IS NO BAKING!!!! Nope, you cook the soup and the noodles and mix it all together and it's done! A whole casserole in about 15 minutes. You CANNOT beat that for a second!
Here's the easiest and most flavorful tuna noodle casserole you will ever have...
3 small cans tuna packed in water
1 C Cream of "Something" Soup Mix
3 3/4 C water
2 C shredded cheese. (I used "pizza blend" that had a mixture of white and yellow cheese. Use whatever flavor of shredded cheese you like the best. The "pizza blend", though, I think is my favorite.)
1 16oz package of medium width egg noodles. (For an even healthier version, use some whole wheat pasta noodles.)
1. Get a large pot of water on to boil. When it starts to boil, add noodles and set time according to the package directions.
2. Put 1 C Cream of "Something" Soup Mix in a smaller pot with 3 3/4 C water and put over medium heat. Stir occasionally while it comes up to a bubble and gets thick.
3. Drain and flake the tuna in a large bowl.
4. Measure out 2 C of shredded cheese and put in the bowl.
5. When the noodles are done, drain them in a colander and then put them in the bowl.
6. After it gets thick, dump the soup mixture into the bowl.
7. Stir it all up and serve.
How incredibly easy is that?!? The soup mix is pretty peppery, and there is plenty of salt from the bouillon, so you won't even need to add extra of those.
This recipe will serve 8 people with a 1 1/4 C serving. The nutritional values are:
358 calories, 8.6g fat, 1g sat fat, 1g polyunsaturated fat, 2g monounsaturated fat, 98.8mg cholesterol, 869 mg sodium, 260mg potassium, 46.6g carbs, 2g fiber, 22.8g protein. 9 Points Plus.
This would also be great served with a nice crisp side salad.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe. My family devoured it!
All the best,