Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Twist on Pretzels (Product Review)

I don't know about you, but for me plain pretzels are so...boring.  I really like having a salty crunchy snack, though, and pretzels are much better for you than greasy chips.  I found a new (to me) product, that I want to tell you about.  It takes pretzels to another level.
Pretzel Crisps by Snack Factory
These pretzels are flattened out thin and are very crispy.  duh.  I guess it says that in the name. lol.  But they really are nice and crunchy.  What I really like about them, though, are the flavors they come in.  This week I bought Jalapeno Jack and Garlic Parmesan.  I love love love garlic, and I also like things with a little kick.  These two flavors are perfect for me.  They also come in Original, Buffalo Wing, Everything, and Sesame.  Get this.  For the holidays they even have limited edition flavors of either Dark or White Chocolate and Peppermint.  And then it says you can buy other flavors in specialty stores...Classic, Supreme, Tuscan Three Cheese and Cinnamon Toast.  Given their flat shape and crispiness, they are perfect for dipping and topping.

They are better for you because they are baked and not fried in oil, therefore they have much less total and saturated fats and calories than other fried types of chips.  Here are the nutrition facts:  Serving size, 1 oz.  110 calories, 1.5g fat (0g saturated fat and trans fat), 410mg sodium (Garlic Parmesan) and 530mg (Jalapeno Jack), 22g carbs, 1g fiber, 3g protein.  They are a little high on the sodium compared to some other choices such as Sun Chips Creamy Roasted Garlic, which only has 150mg sodium; however, the Sun Chips have more fat and overall calories (6g fat, .5g saturated fat, 140 calories per ounce).

I have really enjoyed having an ounce of Pretzel Crisps here and there when I get a little munchy craving.  As long as you can limit yourself to a single serving and not the whole bag, these would be a good option for you to try.  If you would like to find a store near you that carries these, click here.

As always, I can be reached at happyfairylove@live.com.  Feel free to leave a comment here or drop me a note in my email.

Happy munching!
Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment

I have deleted the email address I print at the bottom of every post because I was getting too much inappropriate spam. If you'd like to contact me, email me at:

j u s t h a p p y b e i n g m e (at) l i v e . c o m

Thank you!